Thursday 25 April 2013

Letters To A Soldier-With Love, Your Sister

First Letter (Sheila)

Hi, Jake. Its me your sister! I hope you're doing alright on the field. I hear it got pretty nasty lately from the news. Mom and Dad don't say it, but they're as worried as I am. I really, really hope that the war doesn't sound as bad as it did on the news. My friends in school are writing to their brothers too with me. Remember Kris? Her brother Niles is in your division, don't know whether you've seen him yet. If you have, Kris and I do wish for you two to look out for each other. If you've not seen him, do look for him. Kris is terribly worried for Niles and is desperate for news. If you know anything that has happened to him, please write back to tell us.

Just to update you on home, Colin caught a mouse today and freaked mom out. Dad had to calm her down with his 'look me in the eyes' thing. This proves yet again that you got me a great cat. I got a pair of rollerskates from Dad for improving in Spanish. Wished that you were here to teach me how. Asking around school to find a teacher.

Nothing much in school, just that the football team are losing. Again. I overheard the football coach telling my coach that he might resign if this continues. As far as I can tell, no one in the entire school likes him anyway, including the other staff. Good riddance, I would say.

The Johnsons are still borrowing tools from Dad at a steady rate. Dad isn't really happy with this. He still hasn't gone around to fixing the SUV's noise problem so I don't know why he has to be so pissed. Mom's still cooking your favorite dishes every night. While I love you dearly Jake, I'm actually getting tired of Mom's cream of chicken soup. Mom says to stick with it until you come back. I hope you do, Jake. We all miss you so.

P.S I'm thinking of picking up guitar too, what do you think?

From your loving sister,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment