Sunday 17 February 2013

Ebook: Maybe I'm Alone(3)


Entry #3
3 days since 1st entry
Hello again, George here. I left off at the part of where I first discovered my house was truly empty. The dust on the furniture was so thick that the furniture looked like it was plastered with sodden rabbit fur. Now, my mother is, or was, I regretfully must correct, a complete neat-freak. The slightest amount of disorder or dust among the Kingston household was swiftly identified and dealt with. Two things I realized: One, mom would always make sure the house was spotless at least on the inside no matter how tired she is. Two, I could not have slept long enough for such a large amount of dust to gather in the house. I was stumped at this realization. I panicked; calling for my parents, my sisters, hoping one of them would answer. Nothing so much as a whisper reached my ears then. I wished for my family to answer, but their voices were never heard of again. Already I have forgotten what everyone’s voices sounded. Family, friends, everyone, even that grumpy old man who used to always take walks and only talked once or twice  around the cul-de-sac my house is situated in. This is yet another of my deepest regrets of bring alone. Since there is no electricity, I could not watch all those homemade videos Dad was crazy about recording on the television to remember them by. All I had was photos. But only photos of my immediate family. What was the most terrifying about the Disappearance was that everything that contained a picture of someone who existed, whether I knew them or not, vanished, leaving only empty frames, banners, mugs you name it. It’s both amusing and horrifying to see a blank white picture frame which contained a dog floating above a lawn.
I must stop here; the memories are too much to take. I must sleep anyway; the candle is burning low already.
G E Kingston

No comments:

Post a Comment