Friday 15 November 2013

Mundane Mulling and Miscellaneous Misadventures

People would usually say "TGIF!" today right? Not for me. Friday means Video Production and that means a 7 hour single module tutorial/practical. Okay, at least we aren't going to be cooped up in a media lab learning editing and camera tricks for 7 hours straight, we get to go out and shoot these short videos (for now).

Today: Produce a 20-second long 'commercial' of a fictional energy drink. During production: Laughter, going 'ugh' for camera movements/shots, lunch, perfect timings of sound effects during editing, sampling music, and plain fun. End result: I THINK we got a video that was almost a minute or so. BRAVO lecturer for not penalising us (it wasn't graded anyway) 

Next, adding the finishing touches on the concept for this TV show we're supposed to come up with. I'm telling you right now it's not so easy to do this. So many damn ideas have been taken up by past generations and so almost anything we come up with has been done before. Thus, we go for authenticity, not originality. Twist some things of an idea that had worked before and voila! TV show! Unfortunately, the lecturer who gave us this project is a former scriptwriter from Mediacorp so of course, she'll know a good concept when she sees one. So it's been tough but hey, we almost done! Rooting for my other friends working on the project too, love y'all.

My dad is sick! He rarely falls ill so when he does he really has to stay in bed. Like father like son he takes it and tried to go to work today. Well, he paid with his stubbornness and got worse, so he has to spend time with me playing carom. Hope you get well soon, Dad! ^^

I'm not sure if I have succeeded but I may have annoyed the unannoyable (not a word, just an expression). Yep, as a little brother to a big sister, I may have triumphed today by annoying my older sister >:) How? Remember I told y'all about the video we were supposed to produce? Welp, my older sister got picked into the main and only role of our video. We settled on who'd do it by doing the "NOT IT!" routine. Luckily I got mine out in time. So, at one part we had to film her drinking down a drink and we zoomed in on the throat (JUST the throat). The motion of gulping made me say, "Holy crap do you think that movement makes you go 'wub wub'?" HAHAHAHA that was lame but that was my first thought during editing. Imagine a throat rumbling and going all electronic and dupstep. Scary. Sorry Jess, but really don't go too hard on yourself you did well in the video! *thumbs up

P.S Also a big thanks to Jess, Belle and Belicia for accepting this lonely brother into the group. 
P.P.S I'm going to have a LAN party with the cousins tomorrow night. TF2ing till dawn if we can make it!

Thought of the day: What was the most heart-wrenching moment you had when reading a book? (I'm reading Game of Thrones now and Belicia says it'll rip my heart to pieces)

No comments:

Post a Comment