Monday 14 October 2013

First Impressions

What better way to start the first day of term in an attempt to annoy your lecturer by jacking her style? Well, that was a fail ultimately but hey it was worth a try.

For me, actually, I started my day at SP by subtly matching the pace of one of my friendos Jessica. Just catch up, saying nothing and just start walking beside her. Been doing this a lot but it never gets old. It was nice to see my awesome peeps from DTVM 02 again. From her reactions about our questions to her vacation, Nadia had a great time at Hiroshima, lucky girl.

Belle was excited for Halloween. I wasn't that hyped I've never seen Singaporeans celebrate the festival but see stores selling costumes and stuff like that, what's up with that anyway? However, I'd consider going to Universal Studios for that Halloween thing if i wasn't too much of a wimp. Belle tells me the price dropped since last year but nuh-uh, no jump-scares for this brother!

First tutorial of the term wasn't too bad, we played the game Re-Zoom, a game where everyone gets a card each and try to match the sequence as the picture zooms out continually. Hated it. While we're not getting projects immediately, we ARE going to get our first assignments next week O.O

Food Court 6 got a new bubble tea and drinks stall. Waffles and ice-cream peeps! Life got a little better ^^ Also Food Haven was replaced by a new stall called Artiste? (Help confirm, I only got a fleeting look at the sign) I missed the auntie at Food Haven though. My heart goes out to your kindness and cooking, auntie! T-T

I saw dudes from PRCS too during my break and after class! Saw Matthew first, man, I always liked him. He's nicely crazy and I love him like a brother. I just got complimented on looking good by him on Twitter and sorry I have to confess I blushed a little because I haven't got a compliment on looking good by anyone outside my family in a long time. Thanks, Matthew!

After class I saw Leonard and the main group of guys who stuck together back in my secondary 3 and 4 years. Familiar faces are nice to see again. Leonard was looking slick as usual, so was everyone else with him. Caught only a few though. Hello to Javier, Ryan, Benjamin and their gang!

Lunch could have gone better. I only had like $5 on me so I and a few of my friends could only afford bread at Four Leaves (Cheers to us peasants!) Other friends ate at Han's. Han's, you know that good stuff is expensive, right?

Here's a fun way to annoy people or entertain yourself when you're bored. Narrate others' lives. Had a narrating streak going today during lunch. For now, if you're interested, narrate only actions, feelings and thoughts are harder to gauge on your 'subjects'. You'll get better with more practice :)
Narrated about three people's actions and thoughts today, a good start, neh?

One-on-one conversations are awkward for me, especially when the two of you are stuck on a really long train ride from Jurong East to Pasir Ris. Pleasant surprise for Jessica (who was with me) because she met one of her old friends, Danielle. It got a little awkward when Danielle asked me whether I was Jessica's boyfriend. As if I was fit to love someone now. But she's cool. It's cool. Well, first impressions count, I guess.

Last item on the agenda is shameless promotion of a friend's aspiring band. Atlas and Atlantic, people. That's the band. Their good, not just because I got a friend in there. Support them guys! They're gonna go recording again tomorrow to add one more to their list of covers (which is only one but they're making progress)

Thought of the day: If you had a band, what would you name that band? Mine would be Bittersweet Honey but sorry no musical talent for this brother here.

Have a good term SP!

No comments:

Post a Comment